- The Applicant entered the United States as an A-1, A-2, G-1, or G-2 nonimmigrant;
- The Applicant failed to maintain his or her A-1, A-2, G-1, or G-2 nonimmigrant status;
- The Applicant’s duties were diplomatic or semi-diplomatic;
- There is a compelling reason why the Applicant or the Applicant’s immediate family cannot return to the country which accredited the Applicant as a diplomat;
- The Applicant is a person of good moral character;
- The Applicant is admissible to the United States for permanent residence; and
- Granting the Applicant a green card would be in the national interest of the United States.
With a pending Form I-485, it is possible to apply for authorization to work in the United States and to seek advance parole (advance permission to travel and be admitted to the United States upon your return).